Wednesday, March 14, 2012

HELP! I'm Out Of Recipes For Lent!

If you're like me, you spend a big part of your Saturdays prepping food for the next week.  I have countless casserole dishes tucked away in my freezer for later use. But not during Lent.

No, Lent is my busy time of the year.  The kids are usually part of the Passion Play, there's new catecumens to tutor and sponsor, school testing time is coming up, summer sports practices are coming up...It seems like everything starts to snowball right around Lent.  And to top it off, No Meat! That means no pepperoni pizza, no hamburger helper, no lasagna, no burritos...either vegetarian dishes or fish.

My big problem here is that by the second or third week of lent, I'm all out of no-meat recipes and I start hunting up some new ones online.  To my great surprise, I found This Site !  It is packed with new and interesting ideas for family meals during Lent.

Because I lean more towards Orthodox Catholicism, I prefer more orthodox recipes! ;)  Happily, my unquenchable thirst for new and exciting things has been relieved by This Lovely Lady. How lucky is that? Miss Ma'am is right here on blogger! She has many, many really great recipes for Lent, as well as any other time of the year.  Especially check out her lovely post concerning Pascha Baskets! What a sweet way to remind ourselves and our friends what Easter's all about! (and you'll also learn some interesting facts about Easter Traditions you probably never questioned before.) Anyone up for a nice spring picnic? A Pascha basket and some friends are all you'll need!

I'd like for all of you to scan the pages and get your tummies rumbling and mouths watering for some really incredible ways to feed your family a Lenten Meal and so much more!

Yours in Christ,
Lynnie

No comments:

Post a Comment