Lent is now in full swing, and it is already killing me!
My first Lenten "giving up" was meat. That hasn't really been very difficult, but it has had me wishing that I could eat the corn dogs that my kids got to have last night. They looked really good, and I even had a new mustard to try...So, I had some of their tater-tots with my fancy new mustard. It's super yummy! :)
My next Lenten "adding to" is going to be exercise. It's been too long since I just had a good cardio rotation. Cardio and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate doing it, but I love the after-effects. I hate jogging and running and jumping jacks and burpees and everything that makes me sweaty and gross! But after a week or two of doing cardio for about 1.5 hours per week, I feel fantastic! The exercise and increased water consumption makes my skin look and feel wonderful, and I have increased energy to do everything around the house and still hang out with my husband until 1:30am, and then get back up at 6:30am, raring to go! But it does require me to carve out a minimum of 30 kid-free minutes to do it, plus find the motivation to do it...that's where I'm struggling.
My Grandmother always said that the best way to find motivation to do something was to just start doing it. I need to keep that in mind. I mean, that's how I keep my dishes washed, because Lord knows, I hate to do dishes! I'd rather eat off banana leaves like the tribal people do in the Amazon. Then, when you're done, you just toss your leaf into the fire...NO DISHES! But it certainly does have its downside...I mean while there's no dishes to speak of, there's also no toilets or Hershey's, so you know, I would never make it!
I guess my only real option is just to start doing it and get healthy. The upside to getting healthy, apart from feeling fan-freaking-tastic, is that I will also LOOK fan-freaking-fastic, and it is about time for that! Little Bear is old enough to go 30 minutes without needing me, so I really should work out. Hey, since I have enough time to blog, maybe I should take advantage of this opportunity to go do some cardio! :D This might be my only chance! lol.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes, so if you're also trying to make exercise part of your life this Lent, at the very least, you'll know you're not alone!
HUGS!
No comments:
Post a Comment