Welcome to our new home!
My name is Lynnie Duran. I'm a truly blessed and happy wife, as well as the mother of four amazing kids! My husband has his own business in air conditioning, enDURANce Air Conditioning LLC. in Mesa, AZ. (yes, that's a shameless plug, but I'm just so proud of him!)
I'm so excited to move our ministry online! We have been blessed with great success in our person-to-person ministry, as well as a new little one! This year, God has blessed us with such amazing gifts of love, family and comfort, our cup is just running over! :)
We have been working so hard, and so many people have asked me "Why aren't you online? We're going to miss you!" Well, what could I say to that? So I finally got over my techno-phobia and am setting up online! Fancy me, I even got a twitter account! Which by this time is passe, but I'm getting there!
Our mission at Catholic Home Space is to help catholic families stay true to catholic teaching and to survive a world that's hostile towards traditional catholic values like marriage, children, family and God!
It all started about 5 years ago, when I was reading my Bible, and I came across this section in Titus 2:
"
But as for you, speak the things which are fitting for sound doctrine.
Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance.
Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored."
When I realized that no matter what stage of life I'm in, I am an example to other women, even if I don't feel that I'm worthy of being a role model. It hit me deep, let me tell you! I felt like I had really dropped the ball, and probably made a lot of people think that Catholics were a bunch of trash-talking hypocrites! I knew it was time to make amends. I couldn't say exactly who I may have offended and harmed, but I felt that if I made a public supplication, and prayed for forgiveness, God might forgive my multiple missteps. That turned into more and more people asking to hear my story, and wanting my little tips and tricks for everything from home organization and home schooling to decorating! Only then did it occur to me that maybe God had given me more talents than I knew. And I have to tell all of you; Every gift that God has blessed me with, I have used to grow and build my family, and Our Lord has blessed us immensely!
Now God has also promised us that if He pours blessing into our lives, it is our duty as Catholics to pour blessings onto others. If we will all do our part, He will make sure that we never go a day without the confidence that He will take care of us. We can be as the Lilies of the field, and depend totally on Our Lord for our support, and He will see to it that we are cared for.
Join us today, and let's share in the blessings of the Lord together!
Thank You,
Lynnie Duran
No comments:
Post a Comment